BruinIRB will now be accepting new UCLA is relying on another IRB submissions, starting July 1, 2022. Starting July 1st:
- New applications for reliance should be created/submitted in BruinIRB
- Previously accepted reliance applications will be migrated from webIRB to BruinIRB. You will receive a notification when your study is transferred to BruinIRB via email and documented in the webIRB study history.
- Reliance applications submitted, but not yet accepted (as of July 1, 2022) should be completed in webIRB. After acceptance, you will receive a notification when your study is transferred to BruinIRB.
- Studies where UCLA IRBs have previously reviewed, but the responsibility for IRB review is transferring to another IRB, please complete this modification in webIRB. After this change has been accepted, you will receive a notification when your study is transferred to BruinIRB.
- Those with active webIRB accounts will have an active BruinIRB account on July 1.
BruinIRB Protocol Templates
BruinIRB requires all submissions to upload a protocol document rather than completing questions within the application. To assist in the new protocol requirement, OHRPP has created protocol templates that can be used for each submission. The protocol templates contain all the required information required for IRB review.
- Reliance studies – please submit the protocol that is being used at all sites
- Emergency Use
- Humanitarian Use Device
- Right to Try
- Expanded Access – Please see OHRPP Guidance and Procedures: Use of Drugs and Biologics in Clinical Research and Treatment or OHRPP Guidance and Procedures: Use of Devices in Clinical Research and Treatment for required sponsor or FDA documents that will serve as a protocol.
Note: These protocol templates are also available within BruinIRB Library.
BruinIRB Training Guides
- Accepting applications currently
- Submissions accepted:
- Full Board
- webIRB Quick Reference Guides & Training Materials
- Phase 2 of BruinIRB TBD
- Additional Quick Reference Guides & Training Materials
If you have any questions regarding these submissions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (310) 825-5344.