OHRPP provides free support and consultation to individual UCLA researchers and research staff planning to submit to a UCLA IRB. For information on group trainings, please see Training Upon Request.
OHRPP Office Hours
The Quality Improvement Unit (QIU) within OHRPP offers bi-weekly Office Hours to answer general questions about the conduct of research at UCLA. Researchers and study teams attend office hours to seek clarification on new IRB processes, learn how OHRPP guidance and polices apply to their research or they simply attend to listen in on other’s questions with the intention of learning something. Ground that may be covered by questions fielded could include:
- How to navigate OHRPP guidance
- Understanding webIRB functions and updates
- How to determine which human subjects training makes the most sense for specific researchers/staff
- General questions about the IRB review process
OHRPP Staff Consultations
OHRPP offers IRB consulting services to UCLA investigators and research staff preparing specific IRB submissions (new, continuing and amendments) or preparing responses to committee correspondence. The consultants are experienced senior staff working with the specific IRBs to which investigators will be submitting. Ground that may be covered could include:
- Guidance for researchers or research staff new to the IRB process
- Submission pre-review and feedback
- Assistance responding to correspondence from the IRB
- Assistance with webIRB
Contact the OHRPP Committee staff via phone or email below to schedule. To determine which IRB would be the best match for your submission, see this description of the UCLA IRBs.